Thursday, March 12, 2020

what's important?

I'm asking myself this today
When I asked my friend she said be calm, optimistic and proactive. Letting go of fear. 

My paternal grandparents met in England during World War II in England at a dance. My grandma Barbara Ann was born in Bromley Kent. She wanted out of there. There were bombings. She told me she didn't care if it was a Canadian or an American, who ever would get her out. Walter George Palmer really fell for her. South Dakota wasn't as romantic as Hollywood had made the Wild West in the cowboy flicks. She couldn't even buy a dress she loved. She didn't know why she kept having babies. I remember one day I was talking about finding "the one" and my Grandma said it was probably too late for her. Walt loved her very good though. Then she said she mean. She could be very Queen of Swords. Words cut. Like swords.




You know the story of the Keep Calm Carry on poster? My Grandma never mentioned it but she saw it. She would have seen it. It was war propaganda from the British government from 1939.  They were getting bombed but the message from state was keep calm, carry on. I can't help but thinking of it today. Out in the world. The energy is less than calm. It's hard to find the calm, but this isn't as bad as getting bombed right?! That's what my Grandma lived through.


Today I will work on cultivating my day dreaming practice. What do I want? What feels important? What does self care look like? What stories are we writing? Are we breathing?


No comments: