Wednesday, March 11, 2020

tripping

For Christmas 2000 we went to Kauai. My Grandpa got a time share in Kapaa. We had 2 rooms for 1 week a year and we inherited it when he passed. We would go for Christmas sometimes and Aric came with us. My Dad was not happy, he threatened to have the boys sleep in one room and the girls in another but ended up having me and Aric stay in a room with my sister. I asked my sister about if she remembered and she said, "Ya that was weird trip. I just remember kissing noises." Ha!


I had gone to the Northwest first for a few days and then flown with my family from Portland. Aric was going to meet us there. He payed so much for a flight. It stressed him out. He parked in the regular garage at the Airport and that was hundreds of dollars too.

When we found Aric at the airport

I had completely forgotten but I wrote: "Aric got lost on the way to Kauai because he missed his flight out of LAX because of fog. It was crazy. On te 26th we found Aric then went boogie boarding."

It was before cell phones really and so we couldn't call each other, it was a stressful beginning to the trip. We had to just keep going to the airport when a flight from LAX came in.

After snorkling. I love how happy Aric looks.

12/27
"We went to Salt Pond Park and Snorkel + looked at fishes. The salt water stings my eyes. We saw big fishes and small fishes and those long fishes. And Aric is being Stupid. We were all supposed to go on a sunset cruise but something got fucked up so we've been sitting around arguing. Must be the oxygen or something."


December 30 "Yesterday we went on the Nae Pali - sunset cruise. It was fun but Aric + I fought about nothing in particular. That was lame."


010101
"It's New Years Yeah! Today I'm starting morning pages. Last night Mom, Dad, Mara + Mighty + I went to the Flying Lobster. We had a nice dinner + came home. Just chilled. No Mighty drank a bunch of Wine + Champagne. Enough to get drunk. me and Mara didn't. Then we hop scotched into a discussion of religion. Lame. Mighty told me his beliefs --> No god --> energy --> he doesn't know --> but people shared his beliefs and I --> fuck upedly said "Who heroin addicts?" Who am I to use that world. I don't even know what that means. he said an hour later after standing at the edge of "his sea" Anyway it's all worked out now. I don't know if it'll work. I don't know. Sometimes he is so distant + cold but he doesn't remember that part. We'll figure it out I think. . . . . Aric is being really Ugh right now. He's fake smiling. Like I can't tell when he's fake smiling."

 Aric yelling into "his ocean" on NYE

NYE

I didn't keep up with morning pages. I did it for a couple of days. I also wrote about how fat i was every day. It's like an annoying broken record and I wasn't even fat. I told a friend, who knew us then, and she was like of course, he was small. I never thought how I compared myself to him. 



I honestly didn't remember much from that trip. I think Aric was pretty uncomfortable being with my family. I was too. 

No comments: