Saturday, March 7, 2020

spring wellness


Happy day light savings. It felt like Spring today. It's amazing how much difference a little Vitamin D can make. I also took some Happy Camper Pills and that never hurts.

It's Saturday night and I'm staying home to Spring clean and I'm making Vegan Pozole. 

I was rereading one of my favorite reference books Staying Healthy with the Seasons. It's from a Traditional Chinese Medicine tradition and how to use this ancient knowledge to build our wellness. I'm also studying Quantum Shiatsu right now, which works with the meridians, so it's a good practice for me.


The element for Spring is Wood. The organs (and meridians) associated with the Wood element are Liver and Gallbladder. The direction is east, where the sun comes up and starts the day. The time of the day is morning, so if you are having a hard time rising you might have a Wood imbalance. I think we all know the Liver helps us detoxify and it makes the bile that is held in the Gallbladder. Bile breaks down fats so not eating a lot of fatty food can support Gallbladder. Doing a cleanse of some sort can help Liver. The Master Cleanse works really well for me but even just laying of chemical foods for a while and eating whole foods can support your Liver. Just like Spring Cleaning is good for the house, it's good for your body too. Fasting is good for you:

watch this if you don't believe me

Mental processes are associated with Spring and Wood in TCM. So over thinking or trying to control everything you might indicate an imbalance. Great time for starting a mindfulness or meditation practice. I've been meditating to every night with the app Insight Timer



No comments: